Our regular Sunday worship service takes place at 10:00 a.m. Please join us.
Our services are a mix of traditional and contemporary. You'll find
- guitars, bass, drums along with piano and organ accompanying the music.
- traditional hymns along with modern worship songs & choruses.
- a children's talk followed by a time apart for ages 2 1/2 through high school (see below)
- a message rooted in scripture that will help you understand how God would have us live.
- an opportunity to give thanks, share needs and have those needs prayed for
- an opportunity over refreshments after the service to chat with friends old and new.
The messages for the next several weeks, "Marks of Reformation", will be as follows:
- Sunday, October 1 - By grace alone (Celebration of the Lordís Supper)
- Sunday, October 8 - To the glory of God alone (Thanksgving Sunday)
- Sunday, October 15 - Scripture alone
- Sunday, October 22 - Christ alone
- Sunday, October 29 - By faith alone
The Sacrament of the Lord's Supper (otherwise know as Communion) is celebrated on the following dates:
the first Sunday of March, June, October, and December at the morning service, and at the evening service on Maundy Thursday
(the evening before Good Friday).
The Parkwood choir meets regularly for rehearsals under the leadership of Dianne Smith at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday evenings,
usually ending around 8:30. The selection of music is varied, encompassing both traditional and more contemporary styles.
Soloists, small groups and instrumentalists often provide special music for our worship services and other events. If you
have some musical gifts you'd like to share, or even if you're not sure of your gift and would like to try us out, please
join us any Thursday evening, to "make a joyful noise unto the Lord".
Church School etc.
A nursery is provided for children under 2½ years of age. An audio feed from the sanctuary enables the nursery volunteers to listen to the service.
Church School is provided during our morning worship for ages 2½ up, including high school. The morning starts with everyone worshipping in
the sanctuary, and after a story and song, the children go to their classes.
The young adults fellowship takes place periodically after the morning worship, over lunch. Check the bulletin and/or calendar for dates.
(picture @ top: Parkwood sanctuary, 2013)